Monday, October 24, 2011

Trip to Bolton





Paul McCallion from NDNU, David Bailey at Bolton Wanderers and Patricia very kindly arranged for myself, my grandparents (Flo and Denis) and my Aunt and Uncle (Sandra and Ron) to head up north to Bolton to see them play Sunderland on Saturday.

A couple of hours on a few trains and we arrived at the stadium and were greeted by David, who had met my Dad when he went up to Bolton to visit a few years ago, something to do with the international soccer school that Bolton run. I'm afraid if you are reading this in the States, any reference to soccer shall henceforth be typed as football (sorry, I can't change a life long habit!)

Anyway, David gave us some matchday programmes which had a nice tribute to my Dad which I have scanned and put up on here. Not everyone gets mentioned in a Premier League matchday programme!

It was a nice sunny day, but rather breezy. The game was entertaining, but as we had to leave a little early to catch our train back, we missed both the goals of the game, which came in the last few minutes. Ah well, it was a really good day and nice to meet a few more people who knew my Dad. Thanks to Paul, David and Patricia...



No comments: